Copper alloy wire finger rings
Copper alloy wire fingers rings probably dating from around 875CE and found at Beeston Tor, Manifold Valley. It was amongst a hoard of coins and jewellery discovered in a cave at Beeston Tor in 1924 by Reverend GH Wilson.
Beeston Tor is also known as St. Bertram's Cave. It has been suggested that the hoard may have been hidden here when a Viking army over-wintered nearby at Repton in around 873 or 874CE.
- Rights: Creative Commons CC BY-NC 4.0 Buxton Museum and Art Gallery (part of Derbyshire County Council)
There are no Wonders linked to this object.