This stone house was built in the late 1600s, possibly for the Harrison family. It was abandoned between 1851 and 1879. Have the stones been re-used to extend Under Whitle farmhouse? Underground is the house cellar. This was re-roofed and turned into a vaulted storeroom after the house was abandoned. It then became a place to dump rubbish in the late 19th/20th century. Archaeologists found toys, tins, bottles and jars amongst the rubbish.